What is Facetime?
fix ipad facetime : FaceTime is a video chat application that is built by Apple specifically for the Apple devices such as iPhones, iPads, Mac and other Apple devices. The application lets you video chat using either your mobile number (on iPhones) or your Apple email address (on all the devices) to other Apple product users only. This application is solely available for the Apple users only and cannot video chat over cross platforms such as to Android or Windows. Whenever you call someone either using his phone number or the Apple email id, then all of his/her devices start to ring, and you may answer the call from the device which is more closest to you and being more convenient according to the situation. But you may change this setting to your convenience.
How to fix iPad Facetime problems?
Facetime is a chargeable service with Apple making money from it, but it is very secure and fast service with good video quality and hence better than other free video calling applications such as Hangouts, WhatsApp and Google Duo, etc. Skype is a real competitor to Facetime from Microsoft, and it also does it jobs pretty well. Now as we are comparing such a big companies, then there is no space for mistakes and errors in anything. So here in this article, we will be tackling the problem of not able to use Facetime Not working for Facetime application on your iPad.
The major problems that come while using this are no sound, no connection notification, account activation problem, and unable to make and receive calls. Sometimes the problem that we come across are just related to only a particular device, and hence it is not related to the account of the individual. When this is the case resolution of the problem is easy as compared to when it is on every device. Discussing all of them will take a lot of time, so let us take a quick resolving solution for the two major problems. The no sound and no connection problems.
Read : Facetime for android
How to resolve the ‘NO Sound’ problem?
- On your iPad or iPhone first, open the settings application.
- Gin the settings, go to the general menu and open it.
- Find out the ‘Use Side Switch to’ option, and there will be two options beneath it. The first ‘lock rotation’ and other ‘mute’.
- Choose the first option among the two and click it. Now you can find the check mark after the competition.
- After this, your facetime call will ring.
- After this also once check that the ringtone sound is turned ‘ON’. To check this follow the steps. Settings > Sounds ON > specific ringtone of your choice. But doing so you can be sure to hear this ringtone whenever somebody calls you.
- If you are not listening any sound on your facetime calls, try this might help.
- Sometimes due to some software bugs or errors, this might be the problem.
- You can try to close the application forcefully.
- To do so, just-just press the home button for sometimes and you will see the running application wizard.
- You can find the application from this list and then slide it up to close the application, or you can even long-press on it and then close it from settings.
- Now relaunch the application again. This way the ram will have no trace of the previous running record of the facetime application.
- This is a very effective method in many cases. And works too.
How to use facetime on ipad?
If the above two method is not applicable, then you may try uninstalling the facetime application once and then reinstall it. To do so follow the below instructions.
- On the home screen locate the application. Now touch and hold it lightly till it starts jingling. But be sure to hold it lightly otherwise it won’t jingle.
- Now you will see a cross (x) sign on the application. Just touch this cross (x) sign. Then tap Remove button.
- To finish the uninstallation process, press the home button.
- The application is uninstalled.
- Now you need to reinstall the facetime application again. To do so, you just need to know that it is possible and you need not pay again for the access to the application’s services. Your payment is protected with Apple.
- Now first open the App Store application on the iPad.
- On your, iPad touches the Purchased application button.
- Now you will get a list of the applications that you have purchased till now. Find the facetime application and then press Download icon.
- Now, wait till installation completes. Once it is installed open it from the home screen.
- Now your problem is resolved, so you can get all the personal time with your family and friends and can also video call with your boss for the work.
How to resolve the ‘NO Connection’ problem?
In case you find the No Connection problem or just Connecting the you need to follow the below instruction to get your problems resolved. The following steps will let you reactivation of facetime application. Now follow the steps.
- Firstly, open the Settings application on your iPad.
- And now go to the ‘Facetime’ option.
- Now first deactivate and then activate the Face Time application. To do so, first, switch to the OFF position for Face Time and then again flip it to ON position.
- After this step a message stating, ‘Waiting for activation…. Appears. Wait and then your Apple ID information will be filled in.
- You may also reset the network setting. To do so follow the sequence. Settings > General >Reset > choose ‘Reset Network Settings”.
- And hence your network settings are reset.
- Now reboot your device once to get everything into place and for the FaceTime to work properly.
Over to you:
So, here we have listed the complete solutions to resolve various facetime related problems on you iPad device. So, ultimately you should be able to fix Facetime problems on your iPad device using one or the other method(s). If you are fortunate enough, then you might be able to fix the issue with the first trick itself 😉