facetime for windows : FaceTime is one of the most popular and preferred video calling services amongst iOS and Mac users. It’s an app that allows you to have a video call with your friends and family in any corner of the world, instantly. The official version of this app was launched by Apple for just iOS and Mac users, but because of its amazing features, the app has gained immense popularity amongst other platform users as well. But if you are a Windows user who wants to experience video calling through FaceTime then there’s good news for you. There’s an unofficial method by which you can get FaceTime on your Windows device.
In this article, we will give you a full guide on how you can get FaceTime on Windows. We will also highlight all the amazing features of this app, in case you are wondering why FaceTime is the most preferred video calling service. Continue reading if you want to find out more about this app.
Before moving ahead with the guide, there are a few things about FaceTime that you might be interested in knowing. FaceTime is an inbuilt app that comes with all Apple devices, and currently, it doesn’t seem like Apple wants to expand this service to other OS platforms so you cannot officially get FaceTime on your Windows. If you still want to use facetime for windows, you can opt for the unofficial method that will be shown in this article. Let’s first begin with its features. facetime for windows
Read : Facetime for PC
Features of FaceTime on Windows : facetime for windows
FaceTime is a great app that’s compatible with all Apple devices. The best feature of the app is its simple and easy user interface. The app features crystal clear audio and video quality. It also has a call-waiting feature that enables users to wait for a call while they are on a call with somebody else. The app has way too many good features to offer compared to other video calling services in the market. Let’s have a look at some of the most common features to the app. facetime for windows
- Superior sound and video quality helps result in better quality communication between two people
- The app supports full HD video calling, and the amazing platform ensures that you an uninterrupted calling experience
- FaceTime features a block option within the app which allows its users to block the people they don’t want to receive a call from
- Users can call anybody from anywhere in the world with just one tap without worrying about the quality of connection
- Users can easily place a FaceTime call to another FaceTime user, be it a video call or a voice call.facetime for windows
- The app provides a mute, pause and stop option that can be used by the user when on call.facetime for windows
- Plan a video call party with your friends as FaceTime enables its users to have multiple users on a call at a time with the same speed and accuracy as that of a one-on-one call. facetime for windows
- Want to use other apps while on a FaceTime call? With FaceTime, you can easily navigate to other apps even during a call
- Convert a voice phone call to a video call with just a tap (feature available only to iOS users)
- Free download of the app on Windows PC
How to use FaceTime on Windows?
In order to use the app, you must first know how to use to app otherwise it will be useless to even download the FaceTime app in the first place. Follow the steps below to know how to use FaceTime to take advantage of all the features offered by this stunning app.
- Firstly, launch the app from your Windows PC after the installation process
- Enter your Email ID and other compulsory details in the form to get the app to open
- A list of all your contacts available for FaceTime call will be displayed on the screen. Save the displayed contacts if you plan to call them in the future
Now you can easily call anybody you want by selecting their contact from your contact list. All you need to enter is your email address to get started. You can also message your contacts for free before a call.
Read : Alternatives to FaceTime
- To end a FaceTime call, just click on the red button appearing on the screen and your call will get disconnected
Also, you must always keep an eye on the microphone during any call to check if it’s connected properly. Sometimes, it gets disconnected automatically and turns red in colour. If you find that yours got disabled, just enable it back again, and it should appear green in colour.
Minimum requirements to run FaceTime on Windows –
- Windows version XP,7,8 or 10
- Your Windows PC must have a minimum of 2 GB Ram
- Single core CPU with at least 1GHz processor
- Decent quality microphone and speaker, if on a laptop, inbuilt microphone and speaker shall suffice
- Good quality webcam for better image quality on the call
- Fast internet connection, at least 3G
If your Windows device meets all the above requirements, you are eligible to download FaceTime on your Windows. In case your device doesn’t meet these requirements, there are other alternatives to FaceTime that you can try to have good quality video calling with your friends and family. The best options include Skype, ooVoo, wechat, tango, and many others.
How to download FaceTime app on Windows
Since FaceTime is not officially available on platforms other than iOS, we’ll have to choose an alternative way to it. The alternative method requires you to install an Android emulator. You can choose any Android emulator you wish, but we recommend bluestacks.
Follow these quick and easy steps to get started with FaceTime on Windows
Step 1 – Open the native browser on your device
Step 2 – Go to google and look up ‘bluestacks android emulator.’
Step 3 – Download the emulator
Step 4 – To setup bluestacks emulator, firstly link your Windows device with your email account, preferably a Google account, then set up play store and sync all your apps by following simple on-screen instructions
Step 5 – After the setup of bluestacks, the bluestacks will open up for you with a lot of app suggestions
Step 6 – Next, click on the search icon on the left side of the screen
Step 7 – Type ‘FaceTime’ in the search bar and press the enter button
Step 8 – Click on the FaceTime icon and you will be redirected to the download page of the app
Step 9 – Click on Install and select the box present next to ‘agree with terms and conditions.’
Step 10 – The app will then start to download on your Windows PC and after that just click on ‘Open’ button
That’s it! Now you’re ready to call your friends, acquaintances, family, co-workers, classmates or just anybody in the world with FaceTime! But don’t forget to plug in your microphone and webcam if on a system computer. facetime for windows
FaceTime is a fantastic app that helps connect the world and make the distance seem lesser. With its easy and straightforward UI, almost everyone can learn to use the app within minutes. And since the app has been developed by Apple, we can’t question its quality of service, right?
Wrapping it up: facetime for windows
Use the method mentioned in the article to experience the excellent quality of service offered by FaceTime on Windows. Also, we really hope you found everything easy and simple to follow. You can also share this method with your friends on Windows to enjoy video calling with them. You will be able to use FaceTime on Windows without any hassles, if the steps are followed correctly. facetime for windows